The outskirts of Detroit, Michigan, have experienced a lot of upheaval over the years. However, Dabls Mbad African Bead Museum helps to offset those past issues. Created over 16 years ago the museum takes up an entire city block. Its located on the corner of Grand River and West Grand Blvd.
The museum is committed to exhibiting a culture that extends some 8,000 miles away. Dabls has over four decades of visual storytelling within his art. The artist uses four different media in his creations. Namely, iron, rocks, wood, and mirrors. These elements the African people knew they had magic and medicine energies to create stunning works of art.
Detroit is home to over 10 museums. These include:
- The Henry Ford Museum. Museum
- Motown Museum. Building, Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit. Museum
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
- Detroit Historical Museum. Museum
- Ford Piquette Avenue Plant.
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Arab American National Museum.