Comedian Red Skelton was a huge star on stage and in the early days of Television. He was known as America’s Clown Prince. His jokes and stories were inventive, and the entire family could get a laugh together. He was a newsmaker in his time with great family-oriented comedy.
The Red Skelton Show aired on NBC from 1951 until 1971. At that time, Red fine-tuned the format of a variety show that would be the model well until the 1980s. Shows like Hee-Haw, The Carol Burnett Show, and The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, and many others used the same television show format until the early 1980s. His show had been one of the top ten highest-rated television shows 17 of the 20 seasons it appeared on television.
Recipe for a Perfect Marriage
This was part of an opening monolog that Red would do during the opening act for the Red Skelton Show. This set of tips and circumstances are found in some form or another in just about every marriage.
1. Two times a week we go to a nice restaurant, have a little beverage, good food and companionship. She goes on Tuesdays, I go on Fridays.
2. We also sleep in separate beds. Hers is in California and mine is in Texas.
3. I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.
4. I asked my wife where she wanted to go for our anniversary. “Somewhere I haven’t been in a long time!” she said. So I suggested the kitchen.
5. We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.
6. She has an electric blender, electric toaster, and electric bread maker. She said, “There are too many gadgets and no place to sit down!” So I bought her an electric chair.
7. My wife told me the car wasn’t running well because there was water in the carburetor. I asked where the car was. She told me, “In the lake.”
8. She got a mudpack and looked great for two days. Then the mud fell off.
9. She ran after the garbage truck, yelling, “Am I too late for the garbage?” The driver said, “No, jump in!”.
10. Remember: Marriage is the number one cause of divorce.
11. I married Miss Right. I just didn’t know her first name was ‘Always’.
12. I haven’t spoken to my wife in 18 months. I don’t like to interrupt her.
13. The last fight was my fault though. My wife asked, “What’s on the TV?”I said, “Dust!”.
The Legacy of Red Skelton
Before rising to prominence in TV, Red Skelton was on the radio and a movie actor appearing in more than 40 films. He had his start in his early years performing in medicine shows, circus acts, and vaudeville. One aspect that not too many people know is that Skelton was an active working artist. He painted over 1,000 oil paintings of clowns. It’s said his income from lithograph copies of his paintings netted him more money than acting. At the time of his death in 1977 is original oils went for $80,000 and up.
Red Skelton’s compositions total 4,000 songs and 64 symphonies. He conducted and created numerous CDs, and his works were performed by artists such as Arthur Fiedler, the London Philharmonic, and Van Clyburn. In addition, many of his works were purchased by Muzak for use as background music in workplaces and elevators. He is credited with over 8,000 songs and symphonies at the time of his death. Skelton died on September 17, 1997, at the age of 84.
Red Skelton’s Most Famous Tune
Embark on a virtual tour of the Florida Keys. Our guide brings you closer to the islands’ top attractions via eight live webcams, offering you real-time views and weather updates. From lively Key West to tranquil Key Largo, the enchanting world of the Keys is now just a click away.
Florida is known for its beautiful beaches and friendly people. West Palm Beach is no exception! We have live west Palm Beach, Florida, Webcams, so you can see the beaches and area traffic in real-time and weather stations to keep an eye on the weather. As tropical storm Nicole advances on West Palm Beach, this…
5 Stunning Live Beverly Beach Florida Webcams – Experience Real-Time Beverley Beach Key News & Weather
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Beverly Beach, Florida with five stunning live webcams. Get a taste of paradise as you explore the coast, and stay updated with real-time weather and key news. Experience the charm and allure of this coastal haven, even from the comfort of your own home.
Florida is known for its beautiful beaches and friendly people. Siesta Key is no exception! We have live Siesta Key Florida Webcams so you can see the beaches and area …
Get ready for Spring Break fever in Fort Lauderdale, Florida! Experience the city’s lively atmosphere and stunning beaches through our curated list of live webcams, perfect for trip planning or virtual getaways.
We have live Fort Pierce, Florida, Webcams, so you can see the beaches and area traffic in real-time and weather stations to keep an eye on the weather.
We will follow the track of Hurricane Ian as it impacts Orlando, Lakeland, and Kissimmee. This list of Orlando and Kissimmee webcams was hastily put together for use during the hurricane Ian weather eve
We will follow the track of Hurricane Ian as it impacts Englewood, Port Charlotte, and Punta Gorda. This list of Port Charlotte webcams was hastily put together for use during the hurricane Ian weather event.
We will follow the track of Hurricane Ian as it impacts Sarasota and Siesta Key. This list of Sarasota webcams was hastily put together for use during the hurricane Ian weather event.
Following the track of Hurricane Ian as it impacts Bradenton near the Manatee and Bradon Rivers. This list of Bradenton webcams, hastily put together, is for use during the hurricane Ian weather event.
The relentless wrath of a hurricane leaves behind a broad expanse of ruin and debris, but the resilience of communities forged in the tempest moves us to clean it all …
Looking for a game-changing fitness regimen? Dive into the world of Mixed Martial Arts Classes. Learn self-defense, boost your fitness, and build mental resilience. Don’t miss out—read on!
Looking to transform your bedroom into a cozy sanctuary? Our comprehensive guide walks you through the essentials of choosing the right bedroom set. Don’t miss out; read on to elevate your living space!